Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Brick Walls

I have a brick wall in one line that is driving me over the brink. John Weaver married Lena Miller and had 4 children. I only found out during research that John's wifes name was Lena because the family knew her name to be Carrie. I am not sure if her middle name was something that could be shortened to Carrie...Caroline...Catherine maybe? Then again I have folks in my trees that have nicknames that have no relation to their real name so heaven only knows. John and Lena were married in Lucas County in 1895. I can not find them anywhere in the 1900 census. I just needed to vent! Any ideas?

1 comment:

DagneyT said...

I was on the website looking for information about a relative and saw your posting.

Don't know if this helps, but here is my results of a quick search.

ANCESTRY.COM
1920 Federal Census Records show
John Weaver of Canton, Stark, Ohio:
Born about 1857
Married to Lena Weaver
Five children:
Howard Weaver (26)
William Weaver (24)
Helen Weaver (22)
Hilda Weaver (17)
Eugene Weaver (8)

ANCESTRY.COM
1910 Federal Census Records provide the same information for John S. Weaver, but lists four children. (Eugene not yet born.)

FAMILYSEARCH.ORG
This link below provides a photocopy of the marriage record of John Weaver and Lena Miller on March 14, 1895, in Lucas County, Ohio.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/recordDetails/show?uri=https://api.familysearch.org/records/pal:/MM9.1.r/MXDS-RSK/p1


ANCESTRY.COM
Cybart/Cybert Family Tree includes a Lena Carrie Weaver. No birthdate, but a death date of 1904 in Toledo, Ohio. Says she had three children: Frederick, Edward J., and Pearl Augusta. ( … so this would not be the same Lena Weaver as in the above-referenced census records.)